Rise 360 - Unlock Navigation when learners complete course, exit and revisit:

Feb 04, 2021

Hi all - I have created a Rise course and loaded it into my company LMS system, all navigations within the course video seeking, interactions have all been locked and set to must interact, also the menu has been locked for forward skipping. The problem I have is that once a Learner completes the course exits and revisits the course a few days later they are forced to run through the entire course again because of the navigation restrictions. Is there a way to unlock all navigation when a learner revisits a completed course? - I've used buttons as Next lesson navigation. Thank you.

13 Replies
Candice Davis

We are having the same problem. We have a setting in our LMS to allow Review, but the Rise course seems to be ignoring it. Our LMS is SumTotal.  Any suggestions?  Are navigation controls in Rise all or nothing?  In other words, do I have to decide on free-navigation of a course if I want learners to review the content in any order? 

Elizabeth Kaster

Yes, I'm running into something similar and, currently, my workplace is using Saba. Help!! Restricted navigation works the first time for users and they can complete, but once they revisit the completed course, the "Continue" buttons that should populate disappear, no matter how they interact, how much they scroll, what browser they use, not even after clearing cookies and cache.

I don't know what to do.

Pete Williams

Currently, my course is set to review mode in Kallidus LMS. However, individuals still need to work back through the restrictied navigation I set up since it was compliance-based training. The idea of review mode is to be able to pop back and revisit a section you need to refresh on so it would be useful to find a fix.

Alison Harden

Has there been a solution for this? I'm currently using Totara and my Rise course is performing as above. That is, restricted navigation and once the learner completes the course, they should be able to return and navigate freely. I have also used Cornerstone LMS in the past and I have not experienced this before. Does anyone know if it's a Totara issue? Thanks.