RISE 360 - VIMEO - You have been temporarily blocked

Oct 31, 2019

Embedded Vimeo video not appearing when exporting to .pdf - instead get a message from Vimeo stating: "You have been temporarily blocked".

Vimeo states: "Due to widespread malicious traffic from some cloud providers, our engineers have banned blocks of those providers' IP addresses from accessing resources on vimeo.com. This has the unfortunate consequence of preventing legitimate traffic, such as users utilizing a VPN service, from accessing Vimeo. Usually a CAPTCHA prompt can be passed to grant a user temporary access; however, an issue on our end is preventing that access."

Is Articulate tracking with Vimeo on this to rectify for .pdf exports? It affects our reviews of content.

Also, has anyone else encountered this issue?

Many thx!

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Tim. I see the same thing when exporting a course that has embedded Vimeo content for PDF. When I added a YouTube video, the placeholder is a black box with a play button.

There isn't a way to change the placeholder image for embedded web content in the PDF output. Do you need your content to be interactive for the review process? Is using Review 360 an option?

Tim Ashworth

Hi Crystal:

Many thanks - interesting that YouTube plays out in a similar fashion.  This only started happening a few weeks/months ago.  Prior to this - you would receive a viewable image that will get picked up from Vimeo when exporting to Adobe.  

We can use the review option; however, our SMEs use the docs to edit within directly, also good for IDs to verify, so viable, but another step. 

I have a ticket open with Vimeo, I will see what happens there. Odd that it used to work and now does not.  

We can swap in the correct video images to replace "black image messages" into the export - however, that is very time-consuming.  Any other thoughts are most welcome. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.