Rise & AICC Publishing

Apr 04, 2018

Hi!

We use an AICC in-house LMS, however I have tried to upload the zip file from Rise and it gives me the error of an 'invalid path'. I've attached the error message I get when uploading.

At no point when exporting it does Rise ask you to assign an identifier.

Has anybody else had issues with AICC downloads, how did you get around it?

Thanks

8 Replies
Katie Riggio

Greetings, folks. I'm really sorry you're both running into some trouble uploading your content to your LMS – our team is here to help!

To begin, have you had a chance to try uploading your content into SCORM Cloud and/or check in with your LMS admin? We're also happy to help with testing as well! Please feel free to share your output file here or privately here.

I also wanted to share that in most Learning Management Systems, you don't need to manually point to a specific file to launch content, as long as that content is compliant with SCORM, AICC, or xAPI. You simply upload a compliant zip file, and if the LMS is compliant with the same standard, it knows where to look to find those files that launch the content.

I'm curious to know more, and will be standing by!

Craig Jeffries

Hi Katie!

So, some background, our current LMS (I use the term LMS loosely) was purpose built, in-house many years ago. We are now currently working on a new LMS which will be rolled out in Autumn this year, but in the meantime, for the next 6 months I need to be able to host new content where we host the rest of our content.

I thik the issue is that Rise exports the folder already zipped... our LMS doesn't seem to like this as we also get the same issue with Storyline 2/360. We have to export it and then zip it ourselves outside of Articulate. Then we upload and all works fione, however I dont get this option with Rise, or the option to add an identifier, so we can locate it when it is uploaded.

We also double up as the LMS admin here, and none of the team can figure it out. I appreciate that our LMS is ancient currently, but it accepts AICC... and I really don't want to have to rebuild my project again in Storyline.

Any ideas? :)

Katie Riggio

I appreciate you sharing this extra information with me, Craig! It certainly helped paint the picture for me, and exciting news about your new LMS in the works! ☺️

We put our heads together on this and here's how to package AICC content and change the "yourcourse" files. Just a note that any changes made there are not supported.

I hope this method is what you need in the meantime! Keep us updated here if not, as I’m sure there are plenty of folks here who can continue to help on this custom set up!

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Savannah!

This is an older discussion thread, so let's start fresh.

It sounds like you're trying to upload an AICC exported output to your LMS--is that right?

What LMS are you using? Are you having the same problem if you upload it to SCORM Cloud?

We can help with that testing if you'd like to share your output file here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.