Rise and "exit course" button

Aug 13, 2019

Hello,

Is there an 'exit course" button in Rise?  Once in the LMS, it seems there isn't a way for students to exit the program.

Thank you!

Holly 

44 Replies
Karl Muller

Yes there is such a button but it needs to be enabled.

Access your course and select EXPORT.

Scroll to the very bottom of the page.

Set the toggle switch for Exit Course Link to ON.

Now EXIT COURSE will appear in the top right-hand corner of the course window for learners.

Note that you can edit this label to say whatever you want.

Holley Berley

Hi Maggie,

If you use the interactive button type, you can edit the color of the button.  As for the button that is always on screen (toggled on/off during export), you can only change the wordage (in settings>labels).  

I personally prefer to have my course open in a separate window when launched.  This way the learner can exit the window at any point and they will be returned to where the SCORM launched from.

I like to toggle the all-encompassing exit button off, and I use the interactive Exit button as a way for learners to feel accomplished after finishing a course.  They are met with a customizable (in settings>labels) message saying their completion has been recorded and that they may exit the window.

Kim Sanders

Hi
My lms does not have the capability to launch the course in a new window.. so I need the exit course button.
I am unable to see the way to edit the exit course button that the export settings create. Is there a way to do that?

Maggie DeAngelis
VP of Training and Development
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa
150 Pelican Way
San Rafael, CA 94901
Office: 415.448.8502
Cell: 619.805.6928
Fax: 415.259.3502
www.villasport.com

Our Service Vision: To Be the BEST PART of Our Members’ Day

Kim Sanders

Is this something that you may think of changing?

Maggie DeAngelis
VP of Training and Development
VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa
150 Pelican Way
San Rafael, CA 94901
Office: 415.448.8502
Cell: 619.805.6928
Fax: 415.259.3502
www.villasport.com

Our Service Vision: To Be the BEST PART of Our Members’ Day

Crystal Horn

Hey there, Maggie. Thanks for letting us know that you'd like some additional formatting options with the Exit Course link -- I'll share it with the team! In the meantime, you can also use a button block anywhere in your lessons to include a button to exit the course.

Quick note - when you reply via email, it includes your email signature with contact information in the public discussion.  You can edit it out of the post here if you wish.

Rosemary Aylward

2 questions on the exit button

1. The one that you enable from Export settings is so pale that folks don't see it. Is there someway you can make that stand out more? I'm getting complaints about it.

2. How do I build an exit button on the course in Rise instead of using the one enabled in Export?

One other question, if folks don't complete the presentation built in Articulate or don't click the exit button, and they click the Next Button in the DLMS it is sometimes just buffering. They would like there to be a message that displays that they need to finish the Articulate portion before they proceed. Is there a way to do that?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rosemary, great questions! I'm happy to help answer them.

1. Thanks for sharing your learners are having trouble seeing the Exit Course link at the top of the course. While there isn't a way to change the color right now, I'll pass along that feedback to my team.
  2. You can build an Exit Course button by adding a button block to a lesson. Edit the block, and choose "Exit the course (LMS only)" as the Destination.
  3. Your LMS may have a setting that allows you to customize messaging, but there isn't a way to control that in Rise 360.

Let me know if you have more questions about that!

Rosemary Aylward

On # 2. I’ve added this to the course. I can’t tell if it’s working until I finish the course and load it in the DLMS. When people finish a section of a course a green checkmark shows up on the LMS navigation tree next to the appropriate section.

1. Can you tell me using the button and saying Exit the LMS, will cause the green checkmark to appear?
2. Will it take them all the way out of the LMS, even if there are other components to the course they need to complete OR will it take them out of the Articulate portion?

On #3. The problem I’m having, which seems to be a recent occurrence, is that folks are clicking the Next button on the LMS navigation bar and it is just spinning. I don’t know if this has to do with them not exiting the Articulate presentation or something else.

Thanks for your response.
Rosemary

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rosemary! Great questions! 

1. Can you tell me using the button and saying Exit the LMS, will cause the green checkmark to appear?  The green checkmark appears only when every block in the lesson is viewed. So, if the Exit Course button is the last block in the lesson, the green checkmark will appear as soon as they scroll to that last block. 

2. Will it take them all the way out of the LMS, even if there are other components to the course they need to complete OR will it take them out of the Articulate portion? The Exit Course button should close the Rise 360 course and take the learner back to the LMS. 

Finally, you mentioned that learners are clicking the next button in the LMS navigation bar, and it' just spins. That would be an excellent question for your LMS team, since Rise 360 doesn't affect that. 

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Brittaney! Thanks for sharing the details of what you're seeing in SuccessFactors.

A great way to answer that question, "Is it my output, or is it the LMS?" is to test with SCORM Cloud. If it works properly on SCORM Cloud, it's a good indication that the issue is in the LMS.

We're happy to help you! Click here to privately share your output files, and we can tell you what we think. We delete everything when we're done troubleshooting.

Hannah Fleming-Way

We also have issues with learners not seeing this. And on some screen sizes it gets pushed off the side. We're editing the css code to say "max-device-width" not "max-width" to ensure that it is getting onto the screens but learners are still not seeing it because it is so pale

Crystal Horn

Hello, Thalia. Yes, if learners have met the requirements to complete the course, that information will have been sent to the LMS before they close the window or click the Exit button. If they haven't complete the course, they'll resume at the beginning of the lesson where they closed the course.