Rise and Storyline

Jul 29, 2019

I'm new here and have seen a couple discussions but right now I'm a bit confused and wondered if someone would simplify this for me.I see Rise and I see Storyline. What are the basic differences in these two platforms? Is it a matter of preference which I design a course in or would one program be better for a certain type of course based on needs?

2 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Steven! Karl shared some excellent articles with you, and I wanted to dive a little deeper into each tool. 

Rise 360 is an excellent choice for most e-learning courses because you can quickly and easily create beautiful content that will truly wow your learners. What's more, the content will be inherently responsive, meaning it will automatically adapt to every screen size and orientation. If you're looking to save time and build the course quickly (without sacrificing design, of course), Rise might be the choice for you.

Storyline 360 is perfect if you're looking to build a more immersive learning experience. If decision-making scenarios and custom interactions are what you had in mind, Storyline would be your best bet. You can either start with a blank canvas and design the course from scratch, or use our eye-catching Content Library Templates designed by the industry’s leading course designers. And just like Rise 360, Storyline 360 courses look great on tablets and smartphones, thanks to the responsive player. 

Do you have a course idea in mind? Tell us about it, and the community can chime in with their suggestions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.