Rise and SumTotal Error when Uploading

Sep 11, 2017

Hi, we are publishing and attempting to upload our first Rise package to our SumTotal LMS, and can not get it to upload. We only receive the following error messages (attached) regarding "hexadecimal value is 0x0B is an invalid character..." I've tried both SCORM 2004 and 1.2 to see if there are any differences. We get an error with both. Has anyone else has similar trouble or know of a fix?

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi DeAnn,

Sorry you're having this trouble! Have you tried double-checking that the Rise package uploads correctly to another LMS? SCORM Cloud is really handy for this kind of testing because it's industry standard, and it's free! If you'd like some help, shoot me a copy of your Rise export file (zipped), and I'll take it from there. Thanks!

DeAnn Allen

Hi Alyssa,

Thank you for the response! And great suggestion. I just went out to SCORM Cloud to test and it looks like it's not uploading there as well. It's sat trying to upload for over 30 minutes now and has never gotten past the point of the screen capture below. Would you recommend sharing with Articulate at this point? Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.