Rise Articulate Translation Fails

Sep 09, 2021

I am trying to import a very simple translation .xliff and, although I get "Import Successful", nothing changes in the course. I edit the .xliff doc with notepadd++ and I simply change the text written by me.

I have followed all the steps proposed by articulate with respect but nothing.

I want to translate it from English to Greek and Japanese but it does not even work from english to english.

Am I missing somethin here?

4 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi George, thanks for reaching out!

XLIFF files are not meant to be edited manually. The code used to generate the translations is complex and not easy to manipulate manually.

While you can see the content of the XLIFF file when opening it in Notepad++, we don't recommend it as a tool to translate or edit the translation file.

Translation software is perfect for the job, where the community will have the best insight on which one is best!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi George! As Renz mentioned, you'll want to use a translation tool specifically for XLIFF files to translate your course. Once an XLIFF file is translated, it should contain text in both the original language and the target language

Lots of folks in the community have had success with a free tool called SmartCat, so you may want to give that one a try!