Rise bug carousel

Apr 07, 2017

Hi, 

by testing the gallery carousel on different mobile phones I noticed that by pressing the title of each picture directly, the title of the picture switches, but the picture itself doesn't change the position. 

BR Elisabeth

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Elisabeth,

Thanks for reaching out here with a possible bug. I'm having a difficult time replicating what you're describing though so I wanted to share the steps I've taken and see if you could clarify your steps to see this. 

I inserted a Carousel block and kept the two standard photos that were included. I made sure to add a caption to each of them, as that is the text option available. I took the "Share" link and opened it on my iPhone 6S running iOS 10.2. I tried clicking on the captions, but nothing happened (expected) and clicking on the images themselves just opened them bigger. Clicking on the small circles below the image or the arrows on the left/right advanced from one image to the next and kept the image and captions correctly matched. 

Can you test my Share link above and let me know what steps I'm missing to replicate the behavior you're seeing? What device(s) and browser(s) are you using to test this? The supported ones are detailed here.  Also if you're able to share a copy of your Rise course I'm happy to test that as well. 

Elisabeth Mayrhofer

Hi Ashley,

I tested my rise courses (edited in windows with chrome) with my mobile phone (iphone 7 ios 10. - safari and also with Android system 5.0 , google chrome) and with an ipad. All supported devices and browsers, but I do have the same problem at all devices.

I also tested your supoorted link and the same problem appears on all devices. There are no steps missing in your link, so it suppose is not necessary to share a copy of my rise course.

Thank you for working on it. BR Elisabeth

Hi Elisabeth, 

Thanks for giving that a test - I'm not sure I understand the issue you're experiencing though, as I wasn't able to replicate it myself? Everything advanced to the next image with the correct caption when clicked. I'll see if some of my colleagues can give it a test as well to see if they see something different. 

Hi Lisi,

The video didn't upload here - if you were responding via email any attachments won't get posted to the ELH forums. I think I was able to get to the behavior you saw though by trying to swipe the title along the bottom - that did show some odd movement of the text and no change to the image. I'll share this with our team to investigate as a possible software bug. 

From here, I’ll meet with my team to take a closer look so we can determine next steps. Sometimes my team catches errors in my logic and we don’t have a bug after all. Of course, if that’s the case, I’ll let you know!

Depending on priority and risk, some bugs can be fixed quickly, while others take longer to resolve. Here's more information on how we identify and tackle bugs.

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue. Thanks so much again for letting us know about this, and I’m sorry if it’s slowing you down. 

In the meantime, having the user click on the circles just below the images or the arrow buttons on the side of each image allows for navigation between them and keeps the title with the image. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.