Rise Building Blocks - Statement B

Feb 08, 2017

Hi Everyone,

I have just started using RISE which I think is a great.  For one course I decided to use building blocks and specifically statement B.  When in edit mode and preview mode the words center on the page but longer words at the end of the line get split with half of the word on the next line! I cannot find a way to prevent this, any advice please.

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Roy,

Thanks for trying again - the link does look a little short to me. I recorded a quick Peek video of how I'm able to grab the link and it shows the link a bit shorter in the pop up window, but then if I click it it does copy out the entire link as necessary. One of my colleagues did share that they experienced something similar when trying to grab the Share link from a phone or tablet device, that it was difficult to capture. Can you confirm if the behavior works as expected in one of the supported desktop browsers here?

Roy McIntosh

Ashley,

I think I have found the problem. I copied and pasted the words from a PDF document to insert in the statement and it appeared with words breaking across lines. When trying to edit the words in Rise it had no effect, the problem was still there. Today I copied the statement from Rise and pasted it into a word document, this showed there were formatting errors in the text, having fixed them I then copied and again pasted into Rise and all is good.

Thanks & regards

[Roy McIntosh]

Disclaimer

The information contained in this communication from the sender is confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in relation of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security, archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.