Rise Collaboration & File Security

Jun 16, 2020

I manage a team of multiple developers working with Rise and Storyline.  I'm wondering if anyone has pointers on how to protect/secure Rise projects once they have been completed.  Our current setup is to have the developers make me a "course manager" during the development process so I have access to the project.  When the project is completed, how do we "secure" the project to avoid any inadvertent changes/deletions?

When I met with the development team today, they said that they need access to the courses in order to repurpose assets/content within the course.  So I want to honor their ability to work smarter, not harder.  I'm just trying to get so many "hands out of the cookie jar" if you will.  Any suggestions and/or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi, Kelly. There isn't a way to lock a course against future edits.

Does your team make use of block templates? If your developers know that they will likely repurpose some content, they can create templates to use in other projects. Then, they can add the template rather than open the older course to "copy and paste" content.

I hope that helps!

Jessi French

Hi Crystal. Just following up on this. If only one person is the owner,  I understand only that person has access to that course (unless the developer of course made a "copy" for their own safekeeping, and then it will not be the master we have allocated as the master but they could hang on to content). Once we transfer one owner the Rise course, (aside from our personal copies) we can no longer access the specific course Mr. Kirk above is referencing. Once that singular copy exists as the "master", is there any way to secure it from accidental deletion? 

Karl Muller

Hi Jessi,

There can be multiple collaborators but just one course owner. 

Only the Course Owner can delete the course.

If the current Course Owner transfers course ownership to another team member, the outgoing course owner automatically becomes a collaborator.

Courses cannot be secured from deletion.

If a course is accidentally deleted, it can be recovered:

https://articulate.com/support/article/Rise-Organizing-Courses-in-Folders#delete-course