Rise course completion triggers & TalentLMS using xAPI

Sep 12, 2019

Apologies, if this is in an article, but I have not been able to find an answer.  I am producing content in Rise and exporting in xAPI and hosting on TalentLMS.  The course looks amazing/works great, progress is being tracked/stored, but when a student get's to the end - a final exam there is no "exit course" link or no "success" message.  The student would need to select the "check status" button in TalentLMS to check the status and return 100% completed.

I have selected in Rise xAPI, tracked using quiz results and selected the final exam and selected "exit course link".

Should I change to track course completion at 100%?  I must be missing something as the course completion doesn't trigger anything and looks to the student like they should "do" something so they're submitting support requests.

Thanks!

3 Replies
Paul Urwin

Thank you Crystal, I did include the exit course link option at export, but I wasn't looking top right and it's grey in TalentLMS so a bit hard to see.  In the screenshot here the course shows "completed" as I exited and came back, but when I immediately finished the course the button read "incomplete" and as the course generally scrolls down on desktop/mobile, users eyes are trained to the bottom/center for queues and the signal they're getting is confusing as they just finished the course but the button reads "incomplete".

I think I will add another block of information instructing the students to click "exit course" link found top right.  Unless there is something else I am missing.  Thanks again for the help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.