Rise Course Kicked Me Out and Won't Load Again

May 10, 2018

Hello,

I completely finished building a course after several hours in Rise. As I was making a final edit before sharing it to Articulate Review, the program crashed and I had to shut down my browser. I can get back into Rise now and see my course. But when I click on it, it won't load (in any browser). It just keeps scrolling. So I can't publish the course now. Please help! I will be heartbroken if I have to start it all over again.

Thanks,

Marie

17 Replies
Michelle Eiteljorge

This just happened to me as well. I was in the middle of trying to delete a lesson, and it locked up my whole computer and I had to restart. I submitted a case, but haven't heard anything....and mine is due tomorrow! I can't even get mine to load...it just gives me the "your course is loading. Hang tight" screen.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Michelle and Marie,

I'm sorry to hear you've both run into an issue where you're not able to access your Rise courses! That's definitely scary, and I know our team can help. 

Michelle, I saw you had a chat with Rowie earlier, and started a case too? Rowie shared your course details with our team, so they'll be taking a look as soon as they can! Rowie will be in touch in your chat case once we've got an update.

Marie, what is the title of your course that is causing your problems? I'll get the team looking into yours as well! 

Michelle Eiteljorge

Thank you, Ashley!

I am not sure what magic was worked by the support team, but my course came back (thank goodness). Rowie was very helpful in getting the situation escalated/resolved. Thanks, Rowie!

In my case it was almost like my files were moved from their location on the server or something...it was like suddenly Rise couldn't locate my files. My course tile on the home screen was always accessible and pointing to something, but Rise couldn't find it. It seems like you've uncovered the issue, but I thought I might elaborate if that would help in the future.

Thanks again!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi David,

Have you logged into Rise in more than one browser or on various devices? I'd suggest logging out of those additional sessions if you keep seeing this error message and that should refresh the status in Rise. 

If you're unable to use the Take Control button that appears, let me know, and I can have our team look into your Articulate ID and course. I'd need to know the course and lesson title that is causing trouble.