Rise course labels - "Lesson Global" settings

Sep 14, 2017

I have several non-related Rise projects in progress at the moment. If I open any one of my projects and then navigate to the Settings section for that course and then go into the Labels section to make changes to my labels, I have noticed an issue. If I make a change in the "Lesson Global" label setting section, specifically for the message that appears when you require lessons to be completed in order, it appears as though I am making a change only to this one specific lesson. However, I have found that the label change applies to ALL of my other Rise courses even though they are not related in any way to this particular course. I feel as though I should be able to have specific labels for different courses, is this a bug? Can this feature issue be resolved?

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Grant,

When you edit text labels, the changes affect all your Rise courses that use the same label set.

For example, if you edit the built-in English label set, every course that uses that label set will automatically get the same changes.

I'd recommend creating a new label set when you need to customize text labels so you won’t accidentally change the labels in other Rise courses. Take a look at the steps in this tutorial to get you started!

Let me know if you need anything else! 😀

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.