Rise Course Overwrites Not Consistent in Cornerstone LMS

Apr 30, 2018

LMS Type: Cornerstone OnDemand

1.  I created five courses using Rise with each containing three lesson blocks. Loaded to LMS, and they functioned properly.

2.  I updated the courses to add another lesson block as well as more images in an existing one.

3.  I exported the updated courses for LMS, then I overwrote the course zip files in LMS.

4.  Now, there all sorts of issues...

• For me, all but one of the courses shows the new edits.  The other one won't open at all (blank page).  This is true in Chrome, IE, Firefox, and Safari (on iPhone).
  • Other team members cannot get the new edited versions to launch at all in Chorme, IE, Firefox, or Safari (iPhone).

QUESTIONS

1. Why might there be such variety of issues?
  2. Why a blank screen on one of the courses when all others open and show new edits?
  3. When should one overwrite versus reversion a course in an LMS?
4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Stephen,

Really sorry you're having that trouble! I appreciate all the details you provided here. Our team is investigating an issue where Rise courses that are updated/overwritten in a LMS will sometimes appear blank or show a blank page. 

Could you grant us access to your course uploaded to your LMS for further troubleshooting? Simply send us a link and log in information through this form. Then, let me know your case number, and we'll get right on it. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.