Rise Course Scorm 1.2 not working in Moodle

Oct 31, 2017

Hi ervryone. I exported a Rise course in SCORM 1.2 and imported in Moodle. I uploaded the course to my repository folder and configured the scorm content in Moodle.

The problem is that the course doesn't launch. It's imported whithout error message, the scorm apparently opens correctly, but the course doesn't appear.

I've exported the course three times and imported to moodle, but nothing works.

Can you help me in this matter?

16 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, N R. Is this the first and only version of this course in Moodle, or are you updating existing content?

I tested a new example SCORM 2004 output in Moodle, and it launched correctly for me. We can even test your output on our end. Click here to share it privately with us; we'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting!

Georgina Orsborn

Hi there, I am also having trouble opening an updated RISE module in Moodle. It has happened quite a bit when the SCORM files has been updated and replaced. I have tried opening in Chrome and Edge. Other SCORM (Storyline) files opening as expected. I have tried opening within same window. The module works fine on previous courses, but it appears to be when the module is replaced. (i have not checked with other users yet). When I put the old file back it works again.  Thank you for your help!

Karl Muller

Hi Georgina,

Typically you would see this problem when the course structure has changed.

When a student with a "in progress" status resumes the course, their saved data cannot be loaded as it no longer matches the course structure, e.g. previously present lessons that have since been deleted.

However, this does not appear to be the situation in your case. 

Michael Getz

Tom Wells - you indicated that you fixed your issue - we're encountering the same thing. What did you do to fix it? We have learners who have completed the modules and we've uploaded new SCORMs and they are not displaying. We can't start fresh and create new activities or reset progress on the activity. Thanks for any advice.

Tom Wells

Hi Michael,

Sorry for not getting back to you before.

We were also having some problems updating Articulate Rise courses on Moodle.

One working solution we found was that if we deleted and replaced questions in the quiz, then the SCORM module wouldn’t load. However, if we edited the original questions (and added new ones at the end) there were no issues. We’ve not tested this rigorously, but hopefully it might help anyone having the same problem. 

Thanks,

Tom