Rise Course Shareable link - Is there a limit?

Feb 01, 2018

Greetings Everyone!

Does anyone happen to know if there is a limit to how many learners can simultaneously access a Rise course via the Shareable Link option?

Our company has over 100,000 users (i.e., users of our software), and I just want to get an idea of how many of them could access the same web-based course at any given time. (I don't need to track learner progress, just provide learning resources, so no LMS required for this project.)

I understand that the length/complexity of the course may have an impact on this answer - I'm simply looking for a good benchmark based on the average/typical Rise course that Articulate customers are creating. 

Thank you in advance!

- Jenna

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jenna!

Although we don't have a limit for the number of users to view the course from the Rise Share link, that's a lot of learners! 

I  haven't heard of anyone with that many users accessing one course, but I wouldn't be shocked if it's happening. If you wanted, you could also host the course on a web server. Use the option described here for No LMS - Web OnlyThe Share link is designed for light sharing of the course, so using the Web only option would allow you to host it in your own environment. 

Emily Cline

Hi there - I'm having so much trouble, I do have an LMS but my company wants to use the template for the newletter in rise, I dont really have a place to host the web output, except for sharepoint. I saw that you can host in aws and google, but whats the benefit of using that and "having control of your hosting envirnoment" vice simply sharing the link? Also we use Mailchimp currently for our newsletter and I was looking for the HTML code for my course or being able to upload that into Mailchimp, has anyone head of that being done? 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Emily. I'm sorry you're having trouble! I see that you opened a case and that McGem is helping you out. You can reply right back to him if you need more technical help.

When you host your training in your own web environment, you'll be able to control who has access to view it, and it will be active as long as you have access to that environment. You're uploading a self-contained web package that is no longer dependent on Rise 360.

The Rise 360 Share link is best used as a preview of your content for your stakeholders. You don't have as much control over the learners who access that link, live edits will be visible to folks using that link while you're making updates, and the link will eventually stop working if the course is deleted or your subscription to Articulate 360 ends.

Happy to help with other questions that come up!