Rise Course - Sorting Activity

Feb 21, 2018

Published course with sorting activity.  When the learner views the course on smart phone portrait mode, they cannot see the full instruction on the card, however when they turn the phone to landscape view they can view full instruction.  Can you please advise if there is a limitation to the amount of text can be viewed in portrait mode on the sorting activity.

See attachment with screen shot of both views 

5 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Libby,

I'm sorry to hear you've run into some issues here. The quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

Be sure to give them as many specifics as possible, such as which iphone and version of iOS you're using.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Angus Little

Hi Articulate Team, 

We still seem to be encountering this issue. 

In the portrait mobile view, if the text in each card exceeds a certain length, then it gets cut off (please see attachments - the first attachment displays the text correctly, whereas the text in the mobile view is cut off).

Can this be resolved by either: extending the amount of text that can be seen on portrait mobile view, or by updating the overall character limit so that it will show completely on all devices?

Waiting in anticipation for this to be resolved!

Crystal Horn

Hello, Angus. Here are some details to keep in mind with sorting activity text:

Because of limited screen space on smartphones, each item can have up to three lines of text when viewed in portrait mode, which could be fewer than 80 characters of text. If you're using custom fonts, you may see fewer than three lines. You can preview sorting activities in Rise 360 and switch to mobile portrait mode to make sure all your text displays correctly.

Thanks for your thoughts, and we'll let you know if we make any changes!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.