Rise doesn't remember place

Mar 05, 2019

Hi!

When I exit a course early and come back in, Rise doesn't remember my place and I have to go back to the beginning. We use Rise within an LMS

Is this a setting issue?

Thanks!

Tonie

7 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Tonie,

When inserted into your LMS, Rise courses should automatically pick up where they left off.

Have tried uploading your course to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience the same behavior?

That's what we generally recommend doing to determine whether the problem stems from the course or the LMS. Here's an article that walks you through how to do that.

If it works correctly on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is coming from the LMS and you'll need to talk to your provider.

If you see the same issue on SCORM Cloud, then the problem is likely coming from the course itself. If that's the case, please reach out to our support team.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Karl Muller

Hi David,

Rise correctly sends tracking information to our LMS and learners are able to resume a course from wherever the left off before.

So this is not a general problem with Rise as it works correctly for many. Based on what I've read here, it's limited to specific LMS's.

Have you tried different export settings? 

David Sweeney

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the response.  I have tried a few of the recommendations here such as SCORM 2004 rather than SCORM 1.2 as I had been.  I also experimented with removing the Exit button and the Continue restrictions.  So far I have found that it remembers where I left off if I click the ExIt course link button but not if I simply close the window.  It is quite frustrating.  I really don't want to have to tell people to make sure they click the Exit button if they want to save their work.  What if they lose internet connection? Does it save then?

I would appreciate any guidance here.

Thanks,

David

Karl Muller

We use SCORM 1.2 very successfully.

We had the same problem at the start with our users. We moved from Moodle to a different LMS and it was a complete re-education process to get them to use the Exit Course link and not simply close the window. Our courses run in an external window over the LMS window that remains open in the background.

So it is essential to tell students to make sure they click the Exit button if they want to save their work. This is not a Rise issue, but a LMS issue. It's like closing a Word document without saving it. Following the steps to correctly exit a course are extremely important.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.