Rise - edited by other collaborator, take control not displayed

Nov 24, 2020

Hello! I'm collaborating on a Rise course with a colleague however when viewing the list of lessons their name/circle isn't displayed against the lesson they're editing (and vice versa, they can't see that I'm already within a lesson - see attached image). So when we click into a lesson, we don't get a popup to say someone else is editing and to take control. 

This has resulted in losing quite a bit of work - we think it's saved however whoever was in there first has actually overwritten the changes the other person  made in the meantime. 

It's happening in Chrome, Firefox and Edge all latest versions. I've viewed an older Rise courses and the icon is displayed (see other attached image). On both of these courses my colleague is the owner and I'm a collaborator. 

Is this part of a recent update, or potentially a bug? Hope you can help!

Nina

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Nina! 

I great way to test this is to open the Rise 360 course at the same time the collaborator has the course open in their own browser. When the collaborator opens the course and enters a lesson, you should see their avatar or initials appear next to that lesson. If they are not actively in that lesson, you won't see the avatar there.

I also recommend completely closing the course between editing sessions to ensure that you see the latest updates each time you reopen the course. 

Give that a try, and let me know if you see an improvement! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.