Rise Error/Dialog Pop-up with Embedded Storyline File

Mar 04, 2019

Hello-

I embedded a Storyline interaction in a Rise file, and when the Rise file  is published (either for Web or for LMS), a dialog pops up at the bottom of the screen, asking the user what they want to do with the story.html file (the embedded Storyline  interaction). The interaction itself displays as a large  error. 

Since the Rise file is housed on SharePoint, I renamed the index.html file to index.aspx.  Does the Storyline file itself need to be converted to an aspx file before it's inserted  into Storyline? If so, how do I do that? (Or is there something else I need to do?)

Thanks!

5 Replies
Quinn Mangis

I am having the same issue, I know you can publish the storyline files separately, and upload to SharePoint with the .aspx file extension then use the Embed block in Rise and have the iframe point to the .aspx fie:

<iframe src=https://yoururlhere/story_html5.aspx></iframe>

However, I was also wondering if there was a way to do it without separating out all the elements.

Hope you get an answer!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Heidi and Quinn,

Are you seeing this error when you publish or when you upload the course to SharePoint? If it's something you're seeing when you upload to SharePoint, then I'd suggest you contact them directly. If the error is popping up when you publish, the quickest way to resolve this issue is to have our Support Team take a look. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Heidi Tran

Hi, Allison-

Thanks for your response. It's actually neither. The issue occurs when the Rise file that contains a Storyline interaction is published and housed on SharePoint. We always manually change our Storyline and Rise files to .aspx files so that they're SharePoint-compatible, but for some reason, this doesn't work when a Storyline file is embedded in a Rise file.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.