Rise error in Internet Explorer 11

Dec 05, 2016

Hi,

I have been building my courses in Rise inside Chrome. I can view, edit etc... with no issues. However when testing in IE 11 I can't see any content.

I logged into IE11, logged in and can see my list of courses, but when I click to edit or review a course the screen is blank?

I also tried to view a course in ie11 and can't view? Nothing happens, no errors?

Can someone help me and give me some guidance? 

Thanks

38 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Juliet.  Thanks for sharing your link for testing.  I was able to launch the content in my Windows 10 instance of Internet Explorer 11, as well as Edge:

Are you getting reports from multiple users about this behavior?  Could there be a browser security setting that is interfering with playback of your course?  

If you want to dig into details with our support team on what could be happening in your environment, you can reach them here!

Crystal Horn

Hi Andrea.  We're currently investigating this issue with AICC output displaying that message in IE.  I'm going to add your experience to our documentation, as well.

The recommended workarounds currently are to use other supported browsers to view the content, and this community member suggestion

I understand the difficulty with having IE as your company default.  Can you advise your learners regarding preferred browsers, either in the course or when you're distributing it?

Katie Riggio

Sorry you're hitting a roadblock, Hugh! Looks like this is a different error message – have you heard reports of this issue from your learners, or did you run into that error message when testing the content yourself?

Would you be able to note the Share link to your course here, so I can run some tests? If you'd rather send it privately, please use this link. I'll be standing by!

Katie Riggio

Thanks for sharing that extra bit with me, Hugh!

I ran a few tests, but could not reproduce the "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or because the format is not supported." error message on any of the first three videos. Let me know if there's a specific video I should be looking at 👀

Here's a Peek of what I saw in IE11 and here's the course uploaded to SCORM Cloud. In the meantime, if all videos work as expected through that SCORM Cloud link in IE11 – I'd then suggest reaching out to your LMS admin to see if they can weigh in. Keep us posted!

Israel Nunez

Hi Katie,

Would it be possible to assist with a similar situation and take a look at one of our courses?  Our instructional design team launched a Rise developed compliance course on Monday and most every user in the agency is seeing a blank screen when launching the course from our Cornerstone LMS via IE11.  We've directed them to Chrome, which has launched the course with no issues.  The course is exported in Rise as SCORM 1.2.  We tried the web compatibility recommendations found in another post but that was of no assistance.  We love Rise but it would be of no further use to us if we can't publish course to be viewed via IE11 as it is our agency recommended web browser.  Below you will find the share link:

https://rise.articulate.com/share/fPvuJN_3_4y4yp8s2y66Pl-UqIOdI0Ub

Katie Riggio

Thanks for reaching out, Israel. Yikes, I'm really sorry you're running into a blank screen! I tested the share link in IE11, but could not recreate a blank screen. The SCORM Cloud invitation link works fine for me, too. I saw you also opened a case with our Engineers (nice job!), so I'll add my testings there. Expect a reply from someone on the team soon!

Appreciate you checking in with IT, Hugh! I went to enlist the help of our Support Engineers, and then I saw you already have a case with Shalom! Rockstar 🙂 I added my notes there, and you'll hear back from her shortly.

I'll follow both cases along, as I'm really curious to find out what's causing this!

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Traci!  I hear you, and I realize you might have little control over what browsers are offered in your company.

We want your authoring experience to be smooth and worry-free.  Rise creates HTML5-only output, so we support the best and most popular browsers for HTML5 authoring.

You can have a look at this HTML5 Test site to compare the HTML5 performance for different browsers.  Because Internet Explorer is not as strong in this area, we decided not to include it as a supported browser for authoring in Rise. If you share this information with your IT folks, is it possible for Rise authors to have access to a supported browser?

The good news is that viewing Rise content is supported in IE 11, so your learners should have no problem viewing your courses!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.