RISE - Export Checklist and Manifest issues

Jan 09, 2017

Hi All

I have put together a quick course as a demo but am getting this message on Export.

All the lessons have content, mainly copy/pasted (is that an issue?).

Also experiencing problems importing the course into ScormCloud.  Received the following message "error opening the manifest file......(image below).

The specific error message is: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0xb) was found in the element content of the document.

What am I doing wrong folks?

Cheers 

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Frances,

Thanks for reaching out here and sharing the screenshots. It sounds like you were able to export it regardless of the first error message you received? I don't see why copying/pasting would cause a problem, but I'd be happy to take a look at the Rise course if you're able to send along the "Share" link and see if I spot anything where the content may be missing within a lesson. 

Also for the issue with the SCORM Cloud upload, we'd want to take a look at the Export created and you can upload those here in the community using the "Add Attachment" button at the bottom of the reply window (probably zip up the folder created) and then share here or you can send along to our Support Engineers here. 

Frances Jones

Thanks for the response Ashley.

Here is the share link  

https://rise.articulate.com/share/5kaEQT3Wjw-_-oZC

Have also attached the Export Zip.

As a trial I created another very basic, quick version of the course late last night, just using the RISE placeholders and that exported, without giving me the message about content being missing and the Zip exported into Scorm Cloud and launched all OK.   So not sure if a bug came in with my images or my copy/paste text.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers  Frances

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.