Rise export to SCORM - Leaving off Intro message

Sep 23, 2019

I have been working in Rise all day. Our team are consistent users of Rise. So this omission when uploading the SCORM export to our LMS, I thought was a quirk. But, every file exported shows omits the same content - the intro prior to clicking into the Lesson file.

We are using the same settings as we always have. Recommendations? 

Thanks, in advance! Molly

Rise Intro is missing - there is a preview to the content, but it is not displaying on the exported file.

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Molly! It looks like your Rise 360 course outline page is being cut off. With your permission, I have some questions to start troubleshooting:

• Can you share which LMS you use?
  • Is this happening to your lesson content as well?
  • Are you able to scroll down to see the intro and the outline?
  • Is there any difference if you launch the course in a new window? Many LMSs will give you a choice for launch behavior.

Let me know what you think!

Molly Bruzewski

I appreciate your following up to help me address this issue.

We use Canvas. Up to this point, we have never had this issue. We do not allow the content to open in a new window. It does not work for our purposes.

When we go to the SCORM file uploaded to Canvas and look at "Preview" the content is on that intro page. But, when loaded to the Module link, it does not display.

Yes, the rest of the content is intact.

My first step is to apply Storyline updates to my account. Then I will run through the options provided.

Will let you know how it goes.

Thank you.

Molly

Molly Bruzewski

Crystal,

It is resolved today. As mentioned to one of the collaborators on my team, I'm not sure if the cut off intro page had to do with the fact that my account needed to go through updates or if Rise was having a bad hair day yesterday.

After the updates today, the Rise files are exporting and displaying in our Canvas LMS.

Thank you for following up!

A Happy User!

Molly Bruzewski

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.