Rise exports are invalid

Jun 21, 2018

I'm trying to export a Rise course so I can upload it to our LMS. If I try to open the zip file in Windows, I get an error saying the file is invalid. When I try to upload it to our LMS, I get another error (see attachment). I also attached a screenshot of the settings for the Rise export. Can anyone tell me what's going on? Thanks.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Edward,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing a screenshot of your settings! I know we had some Export issues last night that caused a partial outage, per our Articulate Status page. Do you remember when you exported these courses? 

Could you try exporting again, and let me know how that works? Also, can you check what browser you're using? You'll want to use one of the Rise supported browsers here. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks for that update, Edward! I'm glad to hear you were able to get it working, and just keep in mind that authoring of Rise courses isn't supported in Internet Explorer.  

When you uploaded to your LMS/SCORM Cloud in Internet Explorer - does the course now play as expected too? Perhaps there is a local security restriction on your other browsers that's causing an issue? I use Chrome as my main browser and haven't run into any issues with it recently.  If you wanted to share the export zip here with me, I'm happy to test it out. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.