Rise

Apr 16, 2018

Can audio files/ background music/sounds be added to a Rise course? Maybe I missed this feature??

9 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hello, Nivi. You can add an audio block at the top of your lesson, and then add additional interactive blocks as desired. Once the learner clicks to play the audio block, it will continue to play as they interact with other blocks in the lesson.

Let me know if you're having any trouble with your design. Feel free to add your Share link in your reply to demonstrate what you're doing. Thanks!

OWEN HOLT

Hey Nivi,
IF you have control over the published Rise course files (meaning you are using either export to LMS or export to web)... you can add an audio file to the "assets folder" created during the export and then modify the index.html page to play it.

Right after the  </head> and <body> tags in the index.html file, add the following"
<audio autoplay loop id="bgSong" preload="metadata">
<source src="assets/name_of_your_song.mp3">
</audio> 

At the bottom of the html code right before the </body> tag, add the following:
<script type="text/javascript">
var mySong = document.getElementById("bgSong");
mySong.volume=0.05;</script>

You can set the volume to anything but I have found if you don't adjust it down right away, it will play at full volume. It seems to me that 0.1 or less seems to be a good background level.

NOTE: This is untested and may not work across all browsers.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.