Rise Final Exam

Apr 21, 2017

Is there a way to lock the user from progressing to the next section if they did not pass the final exam grade we set in the course. As of now if our users takes the final exam and fails they can move to the next block which is what we don't want to happen.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Danielle!

Rise allows your learners to move forward when they finish a quiz, pass or fail. From the Quiz settings, add the “Take Again” button on the Quiz results slide so your learners can try and improve their score.

Your idea to lock navigation until the quiz is passed is an awesome feature request, and I'd be happy to pass that along to the team!

Lisha Barnes

When I go to export a Rise course none of the scorm suspend data is being exported.  I created my course and created the final exam and when I export the build none of the suspend data is there so I can not even tell what the user had on there final exam quiz.

I exported the course every way you can and still see the same results.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Danielle, 

What Learning Management System (LMS) are you using? 

A re-launched Rise course will always reach out to the LMS and ask for the suspend data needed to resume the learner's previous attempt at the course (in contrast to Storyline, where you have a few other options).

Some LMSs have features that will allow you to force a new attempt on the learner after completion, thereby declining to provide the suspend data needed to resume.

A good method to test that the course is working as expected is to upload to SCORM Cloud. If it works there, that'll be good information to share with your LMS admin to help them track down how it'll work on their system.

Let us know if you're able to give it a test there and how it behaves! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.