Rise - Firefox 86.0.1 (64-bit) - some content not loading

Mar 23, 2021

I am trying to find a solution to the issue I am facing in regards to  some content not loading in  Fire fox. The course has been developed in Rise. 

Same course loads correctly on other browser (Chrome,Edge)

I know Rise did release a patch to address this issue but it does not seem to work on all courses.  

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/rise-firefox-some-content-not-loading#reply-720036

I am happy to share the link to our test LMS site where we have uploaded a  course for further testing. 

any assistance  would be appreciated.

Thanks 

3 Replies
Chino Navarro

Hi Prashu,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I recommend doing the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure Firefox is fully updated.
2. Clear your browser's cache.
3. Access the course in a Private window.
4. Make sure your computer is fully updated.
5. Restart your computer.
6. Test your course in SCORM Cloud. 

Here is an article on how to test your course in SCORM Cloud.

If the issue also occurs in SCORM Cloud, please send a link to your course here, and we will take a closer look. 

Prashu D

Hi Chino
Thanks for your response; my answers to your questions are noted below.
1. Make sure Firefox is fully updated.
• Yes; using version 87
2. Clear your browser's cache.
• Yes, done, but the issue still exists in Firefox only
3. Access the course in a Private window.
• Yes, tried that but no luck
4. Make sure your computer is fully updated.
• Yes, computer is fully updated
5. Restart your computer.
• Yes, restarted a couple of times
6. Test your course in SCORM Cloud.
• Have tested the course on SCORM Cloud; the course works fine on the Firefox
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The course when accessed using Firefox ver 87 , tends to not load some contents at all, this issue occurs at random.

for example, some time the continue button or video/animation does not load at all.

This issue occurs only in Firefox browser, while the course works perfectly in Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.

After conducting a few tests, I have noticed that the display problem does occur with Rise type content, under Firefox only.

It looks like these issues occur due to the "SCORM" communications between platform and Firefox being managed poorly (without communications with the platform, no display problem could be observed).I have tried to publish the same content as HTML5 and it works fine on the same version of Firefox. 

Is there a patch that will fix this issue, or any changes i need to make to improve the communication? 

Please find screen capture of developer console, within Firefox, for more information which also shows more errors:

Error: could not find slide in string table : npnxnanbnsnfns00000000001

Error: downloadable font: kern: nTables is zero 

If your developers would like to see the video for better understanding please let me know when I can mail  the video link.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Prashu! Thanks so much for sharing those details. Since the course loads correctly in Firefox on SCORM Cloud, that points to the issue being related to your learning management system. 

Our team would be happy to take a second look if you would like. Please open a case here and attach the SCORM output file to the case form. We'll test it in Firefox and let you know what we find.