Rise - Firefox - some content not loading

Apr 17, 2020

Hello,

Did any of you faced an issue with their LMS not displaying full content of their Rise course in Firefox? It could be text, media, full block or part of the block.

That's very specific 'cause it worked on another LMS x Firefox & on the same LMS with other browsers.

When we inspect the div, the content is here but not displayed (the standard user is facing a white block). See attached an example around the "1 divider". The inspector is showing the "<p>" which should be just under the "1". I've added the console as well.

Best regards,

8 Replies
Joyce Maurin

Hi Alyssa!

The problem is... we are the providers and that's an old LMS. That's why I tried to gather infos from the community!

I tried to switch off the "Entrance block animation" because we found a message about https://developer.mozilla.org/docs/Mozilla/Performance/ScrollLinkedEffects and it kind of worked. I mean, it seems it displayed all the content, yeah! The problem is... we ran into another bug. As the same message about ScrollLinkedEffect is shown, it may still be related.

See attached the new problem (about completion and the button "next lesson" not appearing)

In both cases (with and without entre block animation on), we have this error "Error: Reducers may not dispatch actions." refering to this file "scormcontent/lib/main.bundle.js". Does this error is a known one by your side and you'd know how to avoid it? Could it be linked with the scroll event not working well on Firefox?

Best regards,

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rebecca! 

The best way to pinpoint whether this is a problem with your course or your LMS is to test the course in SCORM Cloud. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard LMS testing tool, it's easy to use, and it's free!

Our team would be happy to help you with that testing, if you'd like. You can send your LMS output file privately by opening a case, and we'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting. 

Joyce Maurin

Hello Rebecca,

To be honest, I don't remember what was the answer... I found an e-mail it has been fixed by my dev doing so:

"After various tests, we noticed that the display problems did occur with Rise type content under FireFox only.

These display problems have been observed with the "SCORM" communications which are made to the platform, FireFox seems to poorly manage the 2 in parallel (without communications with the platform no display problem could be observed).

We have therefore deployed a patch in order to reduce "SCORM" communication traffic to the platform (when a value changes and no longer systematically)."
(2020.05.05, translated from French by Google Translate)

Hope you can find a clue here!

Another clue would be te standard "Do you have the last version of Firefox and is your LMS up-to-date?"

Best regards,