Rise - If Quiz Failed - Restart Course after selecting Exit Course Button

May 25, 2022

Hi! I have a RISE course with a quiz set to allow two attempts to pass at 80%.  I'd like the user to be able to start back at the beginning of the course and redo if they do not reach the 80% passing score.  I need the failing score to be reported back in the LMS. Once they fail twice, they will have to sit with their manager and go through the course again.

The course is set up as
-Course material

-Quiz

-Conclusion with my own "exit course" button.

The exit course button will exit them from the course properly. But, upon failing twice, and reopening the course to review, they are put back to the last conclusion section. They cannot go back to restart the course over again. I have tried all sorts of export combinations - including reset learners progress. We use Success Factors. 

I'd appreciate any ideas!! 

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Lori,

Some of this behavior is controlled by your LMS, and I'll defer to SuccessFactor users for how they manage. There may be a setting in SuccessFactors where you can allow the learner to take the course as a new attempt.

On the Rise 360 side, however, if you resume a course that has exhausted the quiz attempts, you won't be able to take the quiz again.