RISE import issues

Aug 17, 2018

hi,

I am having major issues uploading newly created RISE courses into my LMS. while I know everyone has different LMS providers has anyone experienced issues with RISE? all other Articulate products are fine...just RISE and just since JUNE. I can import to the LMS but I cannot save. My LMS provider says the issue is the course build, my Articulate support tech says the build is fine.

any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Debra.  I see your case with Renato.  Which LMS are you using?  Were they able to share any insight as to why it looks like the file is uploaded, but the form is still asking you to choose a file to upload?  Maybe we can get some clues that other folks in the community will recognize.

I'll confirm with my team if anything changed since June with the way Rise exports are packaged and let you know!

Crystal Horn

Hi Debra.  Just to give you a quick update -- we did make some changes on our Tin Can output.  If you can let us know which LMS you're using, and what export format you're choosing (SCORM version, or Tin Can), that would be fantastic!

If you can share an exported zip for a course that is giving you this issue (even if it is a "sample" course that has the same behavior when you try to upload it to your LMS), we'd love to dive in and help!  Just attach it here in the discussion to your reply.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.