Rise Issue - Anyone Else?

Sep 17, 2019

Hi there, wondering if this is an issue on my end or if this is a widespread problem. 

I've had issues connecting to Rise for a few days now.  I get an error saying that https://rise.articulate.com/ can't load.  Sometimes if I navigate to Review 360 first and click the top menu to return to Rise, it works.  Other times if I sit long enough on the page it'll refresh itself and load.  I cleared my cookies and logged out/back in but the issue is still occurring.  I'm using Chrome (only browser I have access to right now). 

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer!

40 Replies
Karl Muller

I have been having Rise issues today. 

When I try to open a course for editing I get the course loading message and then eventually I will get a session timeout message with an option to refresh.

When I'm lucky enough for a course to actually load, it's very slow. Also moving from module to module in editing mode is also very slow.

I'm in Canada though, so your situation may be different. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Holley and Karl! We haven't had widespread reports of connection issues with Rise 360. Here's what I would try:

• Navigate to https://360.articulate.com/ and log out and back in from that page. Let me know if you see any issues there or using Review 360.
  • Rule out any network connectivity issues on your end. Your courses and edits should load smoothly in any of the supported browsers.

If you're still seeing trouble, connect with my team here. Since you have an Articulate 360 Team subscription, you'll have the live chat tool on that page as well.

Holley Berley

Hi Crystal,

I logged out and back in from your link and it seemed to work great until... this morning.  Haha.  I navigated back to your link and the top said "Sign In" rather than showing my user info.  I clicked to sign in, and the site seemed to recognize me and refreshed the page (without me having to type in my login info).  I navigated back to Rise and it worked again.

Here is the error I've been getting:

This site can’t be reached
rise.articulate.com unexpectedly closed the connection.

It's an odd work-around but as long as this fix keeps working, I'm not too bothered.  Thank you!

Carla Russo

Hello!

I am having similar issues as the others, I think? Rise continues to log me out for no reason and doesn't save anything I was working on in the last 5 minutes before it logged me out. I tried the solutions mentioned above and am still having the same issues. 

I am using Chrome as my browser as well.

I can't even find a pattern to when it logs me out so I can give you more detail. It just randomly does it and I have to sign back in constantly as I try to finish my project.

Any thoughts on this? Or possible solutions?  

Carla Russo

Thanks for the response, Alyssa! I have had Rise 360 open in one tab and open in two tabs and it does it in both scenarios. I have cleaned out my browser cache, temp files and rebooted. That works for a bit but then it just starts doing it again. It is very frustrating.

I reached out to my IT department and so far they haven't been a huge help. I am still convinced it may be something on my end. Other Rise users in my department are not having this issue.

Is there anything I can tell my IT department to look into if it may be something on my end?

Rebecca Adler
Carla Russo

Hello!

I am having similar issues as the others, I think? Rise continues to log me out for no reason and doesn't save anything I was working on in the last 5 minutes before it logged me out. I tried the solutions mentioned above and am still having the same issues. 

I am using Chrome as my browser as well.

I can't even find a pattern to when it logs me out so I can give you more detail. It just randomly does it and I have to sign back in constantly as I try to finish my project.

Any thoughts on this? Or possible solutions?  

Me too. Rise keeps kicking me off the server and returning me to the Login page. Randomly. I cannot say for certain what precipitates this behavior. I've had this issue before (several months ago), and at that time I definitely "whitelisted" all of the necessary server URLs with Google Chrome, the browser I use. 

This is becoming very frustrating as I am losing the last few blocks I added before I'm kicked off. 

Crystal Horn

Hello Rebecca. I'm sorry that's happening! We performed some troubleshooting with Carla that seemed to help. Please open https://360.articulate.com/ in all of your installed browsers and sign out. Also, sign out of your desktop app for Articulate 360. After a minute or two, sign back into your desktop app and launch Rise 360 from there.

If you're still getting signed out after performing those steps, we'd love to help further! You can work one-on-one with us here.

Clint Hudgins

All,

I went to rise today 3-23-2020 and I am getting the same message as other users, except mine keeps loading/refreshing. I sign in and then it says session timed out, I wait a few seconds and then it loads the home page, then it says session timed out, then loads the home page again, I select load new template and it says your computer offline.  

Michelle Hilgart

Hello, I am also experiencing the same issue with Rise 360. I was able to use it earlier today and now I get the Offline message (when my computer is not offline) and the Session Expired Message.  I have tried all the suggested things to fix this, like logging out and in, restarting, disconnecting and reconnecting to internet. Same result, Rise is not launching.  Like others have shared, there is time sensitive training being held up by this issue. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.