10 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Fi. I'm sorry that's happening! I would like to get some additional information to see where I can help:

• Have you tried using a different browser or clearing your browser cache? Is there any change?
  • Does this happen when you type anything in particular, e.g. hyperlinked text, like a website URL or an email address?
  • Is this happening in just one block, or one type of block?
Karl Muller

This has happened to me once before, where I added a new block, copied and pasted text from Word, and then watched as the newly copied text reverted to the default text for the block. Nothing major. 

In the past 30 minutes, I had two more severe occurrences.

I created two new blocks: paragraph with subheading, then copied and pasted text from Word for the first block, and started editing the second block.

As I watched, the second new block I was working on was deleted, and the first block just above it reverted to the default text, for the paragraph as well as the heading text.

Then a few minutes ago, I added several new text blocks, and replaced the default text with content from Word.

As I watched, the four most recently added text blocks at the bottom of the Lesson just disappeared.

Very odd. What concerns me if this happened before and I didn't notice it ....

Using latest version of Chrome, and no internet connection issues.

Renz Sevilla

Hi Karl! Thanks for chiming in here and letting me know you've experienced this recently as well. I'd like for our team to take a closer look at the details you've provided so we can try and replicate this also.

If it's okay with you, could you please include:

- a sample copy of your Word document
- a copy of your Rise course
- a short screen recording demonstrating the issue

We'll delete your files once we're done testing. You can submit a case here.

In the meantime, while we investigate, could you please try in Incognito mode, and see what happens when you paste your content into Notepad first to clear the Word Formatting, then copy that before pasting it directly into Rise?

Karl Muller

Hi Renz,

I spend on average 6 hours a day building Rise courses from a Word document and external media files, and this is only the second time in more than three years that it has happened, so a fairly rare occurrence for me. 

I cannot replicate the problem "on demand" so getting a screen recording of it happening is very unlikely.

I use Chrome, and when I copy text from Word, I paste it into Rise using the Paste as plain text option. So the text is going into Rise without Word formatting.

Adding Word to Notepad conversion would really slow down our Rise input process.

If this was a frequent problem I would pursue a solution for the issue, but  unfortunately I don't have much time to devote to this.

Nadia Wildman

Hi all,

I regularly update our compliance modules in rise and this has happened consistently over the past 12 months.  The issue being when I edit existing text, after a few words it deletes what I have typed and reverts back to original text and then moves the cursor to the start of the sentence.  

The only way around it for me is to type the edited text into a word doc or notepad and then copy across.  Which is frustrating because it means I lose the formatting and have to redo.

Was hoping to find a fix as it's driving me nuts.  Any helpers?  I have cleared cache, used different browsers etc.. nothing works.  I'm using Chrome.

Kelly Auner

Hi Nadia, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

We're so glad you're here. We've been tracking an issue where text is disappearing, but it seems to affect some users and not others. If you're comfortable sharing a copy of your course and a Word doc with the edited text, I'd like to take a closer look. You can share these files in a support case and we'll follow up with our findings!