RISE Knowledge Check - Resets on exit/re-entry, event after a pass.

Feb 05, 2021

Good Afternoon Everyone

We are coming up against an issue that we can't find a solution to, and wondered if any of you can advise. When we launch a piece of elearning (Scorm 1.2 - only option for us), the knowledge check is behaving strangely. When we exit the course and go back in without having passed, it is sometimes taking us to a question halfway through the KC, and then on other attempts, back to Q1 but with the answer already selected. That is the first conundrum.

The 2nd issue: On passing the KC, whether minimum score or passed at 100%, the learning is showing as 100% complete in the module itself; however, on exiting and re-entering again, it now takes us back to Q1 of the KC (not the home page) and the learning completion has reverted to 92% complete, with the menu tracking for the knowledge check reverting as well.

Whilst not a major issue, as the modules still reports back to the LMS at 100% passed, it is something we would like to fix. In our heads, when a delegate has passed the course and wants to use it as a reference tool, it should take them back to the home page for the course, whilst still showing as completed. Then they can navigate around as they wish.

I hope that this all makes sense and that someone can advise, as we are scratching our heads.

Thanks

1 Reply
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Ken. Thanks for those details. 

My first thoughts are:

• There could be an issue with the suspend data between sessions causing unexpected behavior when trying to resume or revisit the content. 
  • The LMS is making a decision about whether a completed course should start from the home page or should resume where the learner last left off.

We can work more specifically with you in a case to try and find out what's happening. You can click here to open one with my team. Thanks!