Rise launch file name

May 09, 2017

We use Oracle LMS and are having trouble putting in a test Rise Course. Our LMS Administrator is not able to launch the course with any of the html files inside the zipped course file.  Please advise. Thanks.

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Heidi,

What LMS export option did you use? 

Does the LMS admin upload the entire zipped folder? What happens when they are trying to point to the html file?  They'll want to point to the indexapi.html file (if your LMS requires you to identify the launch file). 

Let me know if you can share a bit more detail about the steps they've tried and what's happening, and then we can figure out next steps. 

Heidi Matthews

Hi Ashley, We received the info from the support desk to try the file you noted. Our LMS is Oracle and it is old old old. I believe the issue is that. It will not run the htlm5 file, nor does it default back to a flash file to find. I think the new products are just not compatible. 

That being said, Storyline 2 works fine. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Heidi,

You can run Storyline 2 and Storyline 360 on the same machine. For that matter, you could install Storyline 1, 2, 3 and 360 on the same computer...it just may get confusing when you're opening .story files unless you come up with a good naming convention! 

Studio 360 can't be installed with other versions of Studio running ('13 or '09) as they are Powerpoint add-ons so only one can be enabled at a time. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.