Rise lesson and quiz - completion tracking issue

Sep 10, 2021

Hi all

I have an issue were our corporate induction course is not tracking lesson and quiz completions correctly for subsequent opens of the course. The course has three quizzes, which occur at the end of key sections of content that are to be assessed.

In testing, if you complete the full course in one sitting (which is not practical or realistic for new staff because of the length), the lesson tracking indicators in the menu bar tick as expected as you progress. When I close the course and reopen, the ticks on previously completed lessons appear as not attempted. This appears to be happening after completion of the first and subsequent quizzes.

Attached are screenshots of the behaviour before existing the course and after reopening. This includes the result after the first two quizzes. Quiz setting are also included.

The course is being closed via the Exit Course button each time.

The behaviour has been seem in courses across two LMS systems we use (one is ELMO, the other Moodle). Both are using SCORM1.2 exports.

Any advice and solution to resolve this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Renz Sevilla

Hi Jason! Thanks for detailing your issue and providing screenshots. 

Since you're using SCORM 1.2, with a fairly lengthy course and it's not resuming properly with already completed sections, it's possible it's exceeding SCORM Suspend Data limits.

Please try exporting your course for SCORM 2004 3rd Edition or 4th Edition, both of which support much longer suspend data. You can then test this on SCORM Cloud. If it still does not resume properly or record completions, please open up a case here and we'll be happy to take a look at your course.

Jason Carter

Hi Renz

Thank you for the prompt reply. I exported my course in SCORM 2004 and it tracked and completed successfully in SCORM Cloud. Unfortunately we have now identified that our LMS is only SCORM 1.2 compliant  so am unable to use the 2004 format. I have decided to consolidate the three quizzes into the one and placed at the end with completion tracked off the result of this.

Thanks again.

Cheers, Jason