Rise limitations

Nov 29, 2016

Hi,

I have been trying the new Rise but really, one try is enough. I find it very, very limited, unless I am missing a lot from it capabilities: Can I change a layout? Can I change a template (add a border)? Can I add branching scenarios? Can I change font so it is a different style for titles and text boxes?

It seems to me that all courses created with Rise will look the same. I am disappointed with the lack of a meaningful customization....

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Marta,

Thanks for giving Rise a try and sharing your thoughts with us here! Rise is designed to create really lightweight, entirely responsive courses so that you could access the content on any device of any size and still have a great experience. You can read a bit more about it within the FAQs here and see other things that you could accomplish by taking a look at the Getting Started guides. Also this forum discussion includes some other users who were weighing when they may use Rise vs. Storyline 360 - so perhaps you'll draw some inspiration from there.  

With that being said if you're looking for truly customized branching scenarios, perhaps you'll want to investigate Storyline 360 further?  The sky's the limit there...and as an example, here is a recent game created in Storyline 2.  

So a lot of different options for you within Articulate 360, and this article helps break down some of the times or reasons you may want to use a particular tool. 

Hope that helps and let us know if you need anything else! 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Marta,

First off I wanted to let you know that responding via email includes your signature here, and won't upload any attachments you've shared. You can visit this forum discussion by clicking on the "View" button in your email notification and you'll be brought right to this discussion. That way you can edit your post to remove the signature and/or upload the attachment!

As far as getting access to the other apps (such as Storyline, Studio, Replay) you'll need to be logged into the site using your Articulate ID and then you'll look for the "Download Apps" button in the top right hand corner near your avatar image. You'll want to confirm that you're using a set up that meets the system requirements here. You could also  click here to download the the Articulate 360 Desktop App.

Feel free to let me know if you need anything else! 

Sherri Sagers

Is there a known issue with the tab/accordion feature in Rise? I can't seem to get more than 4 items. When I type the title into the 5th item, it just replaces the title of the 4th item. I've tried it every way I can think of, but I can't get any more than 4 items. I've also tried copying the project and building it in a copy, but no luck.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.