Rise LMS - % COMPLETE

Sep 10, 2018

Does anyone know if it's possible to display the percentage completed of a Rise course [in an LMS] if the user exits the course before completion.

I've played about with lifterLMSxAPI and SCORM-cloud but I can only see completed and incomplete being reported. Seems strange that I can see this info within the rise window but I can't  push the data to an LMS.  

I don't have any storyline blocks or quiz's in the content.

Fingers crossed 

7 Replies
Marcel Reinert

Which SCORM version do you export? SCORM 1.2 does not support the percentage progress status. SCORM 2004 can do this via "cmi.progress_measure". But as far as I know, neither Storyline nor Rise communicate this to the LMS. But the experts here certainly know this better than I do ... hopefully. I am also looking for a solution to this challenge. :)

denis.ohara@element.com O Hara

A massive disappointment.
Just got feedback from a customer support engineer that this isn't something that RISE can't do. 

As it stands we won't be going a head with Rise as our content development tool - back to the drawing board for me then.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on a tool that could do this or a way in which the RISE output could be hacked to achieve this?

Marcel Reinert

That Rise has a lot of potential in the design of responsive content is beyond question. The fact that I cannot track the progress within the SCORM package is really a disadvantage. We helped ourselves not to create 10 chapters in a Rise course, but to integrate each chapter individually into a learning path. This allowed us to have the learning progress displayed at least minimally by the LMS (2 out of 10 chapters then show 20% progress).

denis.ohara@element.com O Hara

Yep - RISE does a beautiful job of building responsive content, but I've over 1500 bits of content to rebuild and your approach isn't going to work for us as the material is reused across multiple learning paths.  Marcel did you find any other content building tools that came close to RISE?

I'm thinking we might just need to build something inside a CMS tool that will do the same job as rise [only just not as well] 

Marcel - thanks for your input !

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.