Rise module not performing in Chrome

Jul 14, 2020

Hi People,

We have a module recently released which is causing some problems but only in Chrome.

1. If the learner leaves the module part way through, when they retirn, their progress has not been saved.

2. If the learner completes all parts of the module, their completion is not recorded.

I've done much head scratching and testing. Only happens when using Chrome. IE and Edge both run the module correctly.

Additionally, I reviewed the console while the module was running and came across four things that Articulate may need to look at with Chrome relating to how Chrome is going to treat cookie calls. These are in the attachment.

Thanks

Andrew

5 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Andrew,

There are several threads about this issue.

This summarizes the issue:

"Chrome has deprecated a technology that was used by many LMSs to allow a course to communicate back to the LMS when the course window is closed. If your LMS hasn't upgraded their system, or if you're using an older version of your LMS that doesn't include an update to address this change, the course cannot communicate progress or completion properly. This causes learners to start over from the beginning instead of resuming a course or recording completion after they close the browser window.

Please reach out to your LMS and find out if they have released an update to address the Chrome changes. "

See this thread: 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/chrome-v83 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Andrew,

You should be able to easily solve this by adding an Exit Course link inside your Rise 360 course. Crystal shared more detail about that in her post here.

There are two ways you can add Exit Course functionality to your course:

1. Add a button block, and set the button destination to "Exit Course."
  2. Publish the course for LMS, and on the publishing screen, toggle the "Exit Course" link to ON. 

Test the Rise 360 course again in your LMS, and let me know if the completion data is communicated correctly!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.