Rise modules do not appear in browser after uploading to server

Mar 23, 2020

I have created a number of Rise modules. After creating them I have downloaded them to my Mac and then uploaded them to our own web server. For some reason they no longer show up in any browser (they used to, though). I have only been able to test this with a Mac so far. Any ideas?

8 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Steve. It sounds like you exported Rise 360 courses as web-only output and hosted them on your own web server, is that right?

When you access those web links, what do you see? Here are a few things you can try:

• Open the link in a different web browser
  • Open the link in an incognito window 
  • Clear your browser cache

Let me know if any of those steps make a difference!

Steve Barnier

Hi,

And thanks for your help. I just exported the modules as LMS rather than Web. This time it worked just fine after uploading it to our server. Then I went right back and exported it as Web again. That did not work. I'm OK exporting them as LMS even though none of them have any quiz's in them. Will that cause any problems (LMS with no quiz)?

Alyssa Gomez

Hey Steve, thanks for letting me know that exporting for LMS worked, but exporting for Web didn't. 

Ultimately we want the web export to work correctly. To be sure, can you verify that you followed these six steps exactly when you exported for web?

1. Open the course from your Rise 360 dashboard and click Export in the upper right corner of the screen.
  2. Choose Web from the Export Type drop-down list.
  3. Click Export in the upper right corner again to generate a zip file. 
  4. Click Back to Course in the upper right corner to continue working while Rise 360 generates your zip file. 
  5. Once it's ready, extract the zip package and upload the contents to your web server. 
  6. When the files are uploaded, use the link to the index.html file.

Let me know if you followed those steps, and we'll go from there!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.