Rise not exporting as SCORM from MAC

Feb 22, 2018

Hello.  I searched for this issue and couldn't find it anywhere in the discussion boards.  When I export a Rise course for LMS (Scorm 1.2), the email that is sent for me to download the material is not a SCORM.  It actually is a folder with multiple files.  I've tried to compress it as a .zip, but that won't work in the LMS.

Is there something painfully obvious that I'm missing when using a MAC?  The Rise export works flawlessly from a Windows PC, so I'm sure the issue lies with the MAC.

9 Replies
carol combs

I just posted a note on the forum with this same issue. I am on Windows and it IS a Rise issue. I, along with several colleagues have tested this. You can test it before it gets to the LMS by extracting the files. During the extraction, you get the duplicate error - obviously, you will get the error when you upload to your LMS.

Has anyone solved this issue?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Carol!

By chance, do your Rise 360 courses contain a Storyline block? 

We fixed an issue recently where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360 as HTML5-only, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

carol combs

I am working with vendor compilations but I will find out how they published the SL project. I will inquire as to whether they are up-to-date on SL.

The package today did have a SL interaction. However, I'm not only getting the tincan issue - I was getting a duplicate file issue first. After removing the duplicate files and repbulish is when I received the tincan issue. Perhaps its all related? 

I'll report back after additional investigation. 

Your reply is very much appreciated Alyssa. Thanks!

Carol