Rise on Chromebook

Mar 01, 2019

have any of you had problems editing/authoring in rise in chrome on a chromebook? i was using one a few days ago to work in rise and chucks of text kept disappearing and reappearing and blinking off and on. i have google fiber and i had customer support make sure my internet connection was strong, so i'm fairly  confident it wasn't that. i'm considering purchasing a chromebook, but I don't want to do that if i can't use it with rise. any advice/experiences you have to share would be much appreciated. thanks!

5 Replies
Anthony Karcz

Hey, Katherine! While Chrome is one of the supported browsers for Rise 360, Chrome OS is not one of our supported software environments (you can check out the consolidated list here). That could be why you're seeing inconsistent behavior. 

That said, I'd be very interested in hearing what the community's experiences have been using Rise 360 on Chromebooks. I'm a big fan of them myself. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Katherine,

Thanks for asking about creating content with Rise 360 on your mobile devices. We’d love for you to be able to do that! Right now, authoring in Rise 360 takes advantage of cutting-edge browser features that aren't available in mobile browsers yet. You can see how mobile browsers compare to other browsers here

We’ll keep you posted on new updates to mobile browsers! Let me know if you have any other questions.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.