RISE Owner vs. Manager publish options

May 01, 2020

Hi,

We have a question about publish options being the owner vs. manager of the course.

Currently we have a team that is working on multiple courses. Currently, when we are trying to republish a course that has already been published, the owner is the only one that can republish without changing the original link.

Is there a way for the managers of the course to publish a new version of a course that has already been published and not change the original link?

Eric

12 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Eric.

If you're a course manager, you'll only have the option to Create a new item when publishing to Review 360, since the existing item isn't in your own Review 360 dashboard. You won't see this new item published in your Review 360 account, but the original course owner will see it in theirs. 

I can understand how that functionality is challenging for your team, and your feedback is really helpful. We'll let you know if we make changes to collaborating in Review 360 in the future!

Eric C

Thanks for the info.

It would be very helpful to have the owner make that as an option when assigning a Manager and giving that manager all publishing rights as well.

We had a huge issue when we republished a course and had to redistribute the link again to a ton of people reviewing.

Thanks, Eric

Jizell Assaf

Hi, our team has run into the same issue. We have to transfer ownership of our modules to the project coordinator because every time she republishes the review link as the course manager, it publishes to a new/different link instead of the original one which causes a lot of confusion. I agree with Eric, it would REALLY help if everyone who has editing rights would be given the same publishing rights as well. Thank you!

Lea Agato

Hi folks! I’m happy to let you know that we’ve released a new Team Folders feature in Review 360.

Create shared team folders in Review 360 to organize your content and assign permissions. Allow multiple authors to publish new versions of the content you shared in these folders for better collaboration.

You can check out the full details of this feature here: Review 360: Share Items with Team Folders

We’d be happy to hear how this feature works for you!

Chris Roetzer

Yay, TY Lea! I'll share the article update with the team. We literally ran into this hurdle again with a current project where only I as owner could pub new versions of certain courses, otherwise our stakeholders couldn't continue to use the same review links.

Sidebar to others reading this post, you'll run into this same hurdle with Q Banks if you don't move them into a Team QB tab, not Personal. Otherwise, others on the team can't access the Q Bank.