Rise possibilities?

Dec 02, 2016

We are loving Rise so much and want to build a large topic library for our courses. Each Rise will be a topic only, not a whole course as we will reuse the same topics in multiple courses.

We would like to do the following if they are possible:

• change the 'start course'  button to 'start topic' or be able to jump right to the first lesson
  • remove or change the word 'lesson' in the navigation
  • stitch multiple Rises (topics) together to form one rise (course)
  • co-authorship with common library for all Rises developed

Are any of these options possible now or are they on the roadmap?

thanks

Emily

16 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hello All!

Happy to announce that you can now customize the default text labels in Rise. This gives you the ability to make built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, say what you want them to say.

Brian has started a great discussion here if you'd like to check it out and you can find our support documentation here.

As always, we keep our Rise Version History up to date too.

Hi Dorte,

Are you looking for access to similar assets? You can pull in elements from Content Library using Rise - so that would allow you to use the same images. 

The built in collaborators feature will allow you to share a course with any other Articulate 360 teams user and edit it at the same time. You can read more about that feature here. 

Dorte Lynge Hansen

Hi Ashley,

We work in a team, but we need to have access to the same content files with the same rights (owner) without having to share it with a co-worker e.g. save the files in a shared cloud library. Several times my co-workers are not in the house, so I need to edit and export the content at all time.

Is this feature similar to the one mentioned in Q3 (co-authorship with a common library)?

Hi Dorte,

Are you thinking of the Teams slide feature? That's for Storyline - only the original content owner can remove or update shared team slides, so similar to Rise collaboration in that the owner (which can be changed) is the only one who could export, change settings, etc. 

Would it work if you were the owner of all Rise courses and then your individual teammates who aren't in house could be collaborators? That way you'd keep control of publishing and course settings. 

Dorte Lynge Hansen

Hi Ashley

No only Rise :-) I was thinking of this feature, mentioned in the casetext:

4) co-authorship with common library for all Rises developed 

Is this available now? Where do we find the common library in our teamlicense?

Regarding to make me owner of all the Rise courses would not work unfortunately as my co-workers need to edit our courses as well and I can also be out of the house, leave the firm etc. Today we work with Storyline - we have 60 courses with 2-5 modules in each. They are reviewed and updated every year and maintained during the year if errors. We have some courses in Adobe Muse, but would like to see if we could use Rise - but we need to be several owners and not just one owner per course. We need to have the same course rights to all the courses and to see the same content in a team.

Is this on the roadmap or can I post a feature request somewhere?

Thanks in advance :-)

Hi Dorte!

We're continuously exploring new features and evaluating existing features. Customer input is vital in that process!

We do get lots of requests and ideas here in the forums and also through our feature request form.  In case you're wondering, here's how we manage all of the ideas we receive!

With your Articulate 360 Teams license, here are all the items you can share today:

• Content library assets - these are populated by Articulate and for use in Rise, Storyline and Studio 360
  • Collaboration in Rise - again, you can share a course with another editor who will have editing rights, but not the option to export.
  • Teams Slides in Storyline - a way to share branded project templates, share slides that need to be in every course, and give teammates access to reusable slide content.

Let me know if you need any other help. 😀

Julian Enright

Hi Ashley,

Like Lynge, we are creating a large amount of content and we need to have multiple owners (or at least the ability to edit, export, and share) on the same course. If there is an error in the content of one of our courses, a team member needs to quickly make the change, export it, and upload it to our LMS. This won't work if one of our team members isn't the owner OR if the owner is away/unreachable.

I'll submit it as a feature request and I'm hoping there is some way it can bumped up the list, please :)

Thanks,
Julian

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.