Rise problems with IE 11

Jun 11, 2018

I'm hoping someone can advise how to troubleshoot Rise problems with IE 11, which is our company's default browser. If I try to publish to web, I get an error message that IE has blocked content, but even if I click enable only a white screen appears. 

The same thing happens when I try to embed as a web object in Storyline 360. The course opens along with a new browser window, and if you click the button to allow IE to show the blocked content, it's still a blank white screen. I tried having it play within the Storyline window and that doesn't work either. Help?

5 Replies
Katie Riggio

Sorry you're hitting a roadblock, Deepa. I'm happy to lend a hand!

If I understand correctly: your experience is the result of IE11 not being a supported browser for authoring Rise content. Just a note that viewing Rise courses in IE11 is supported – more on supported browsers here!

Are you able to reproduce the blank screen on a different browser? I'll be standing by!

Deepa Nirmal

It's a viewing problem, not an authoring problem. I can't view existing authored courses in IE 11. I read through all the compatibility threads and tried to troubleshoot with no luck. If you have some specific setting options for me to publish to our LMS (SuccessFactors) so that learners can view in IE 11, I'd appreciate it.

Otherwise I am throwing in the towel for now, with sorrow, because I think Rise is a great tool.

Katie Riggio

Thanks for clarifying that, Deepa, and no towels yet ☺️

Good idea to check on your Compatibility View settings. Have you had a chance to also see if switching Document Modes helps? More on how to do that here!

If your course still shows a blank screen in IE11 after trying those methods, would you be able to share its zipped export package with our Support Team? We're not giving up and will be standing by!

Adam Yerger

Hi Deepa, 

This may have been resolved, but I wanted to add this here for anyone in the future looking into this issue.  The issue is most likely that your content server does not have the MIME type "X-WOFF" enabled/installed.  When the rise course attempts to load, it is stopped by the server settings.  If you enable this, I would bet that your course will load as expected.

Deepa Nirmal

Hi Adam, 

I'm afraid this is beyond my technical capabilities. However, this problem got resolved but another cropped up, that I couldn't publish to our LMS (SuccessFactors) and get completion marked in IE.

Fortunately that too got resolved, with a little help from the community.  This discussion was the key: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/rise-successfactors-lms-aicc

So I am up and running with Rise for real. Hooray for all the eLearning heroes!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.