Rise questions

Dec 06, 2016

Good morning. I have a couple questions.

I wanted to use the process interaction simply because of the different layout, not to describe a process. It appears we cannot remove the "step 1, step 2" part of the process. Is there a way around this?

I've found that I can't change a lesson from one type to another, say from a timeline to text. There's a delete button to delete the lesson but no "change" option to change to a different interaction type. This means you can't test a layout and change it; you have to delete and start again. Is this true?

Thanks. Cheryl

33 Replies
Cheryl Hoover

Thanks for the tip on drag. It's pretty easy to duplicate and move also.

Four hours for my second course in Rise, and that includes several times I deleted something accidentally and had to start over. I am really excited about this tool. For informational courses, this is a very professional presentation. Thanks for the help!

Cheryl Hoover

I wish there was a master list of reported items so we don't duplicate.

It would be great if we could add a place for audio below the course introduction. I'm guessing audio can be added to lessons, but I don't see how it can be added to the main slide.

If completion is based on course completion and not on a quiz, it should take into account turning over flash cards, going through an accordion, and reviewing contents of a carousel.

Thanks for listening.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Our team has looked into a public facing feature system/board and it's not something we have yet. In the meantime,, don't worry about duplication of ideas, as we'll handle cross referencing those on our end. You can always share your thoughts in the forum here or send them along as a feature request here. 

The start screen does not currently have an option to add audio or other media elements to it, so you'd have to add it as a part of the first lesson. 

As for completion, certain elements such as labeled graphics aren't marked as complete within Rise until you click on them, but it doesn't do the same for Flashcards. So that's certainly something we can share as a feature idea. 

Also, back to your delete question before - while I was looking at something else in Rise I was reminded of the "undo" button so wanted to share a quick Peek video of that! 

Michael Ford

For the second time in less than 8 hours, I have accidentally deleted massive pieces of text inside a Rise module, text that I typed in Rise with no backup. The undo notification does not appear when inside the specific module, just on the main page. There needs to be an undo function, or at least an "are you sure" as Cheryl suggested. Its very easy to accidentally delete the wrong item. Please add this functionality if possible. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells now, terrified to even click my mouse. This is not a good feeling to have as a developer.

Hi Michael,

The updates and changes you make to the text are saved instantly (if we're getting specific every 5 seconds). The undo function is a part of the "delete" button that you see on individual lessons on the main page where you'll see the undo button as shown in the video, but as you mentioned, there isn't a undo/delete function for specific text or within a Block.  It's definitely a good idea though, so I'll pass it along to our team and you can always share your thoughts on feature requests here as well. 

Oh no, Cindee! 

The update I mentioned in January is the "undo" pop up that you saw. It appears in the bottom left corner of your screen when you use the Delete (little trash can icon) button. 

We aren't able to restore individual courses or lessons that have been deleted. I've submitted a feature request to our development team for a recycle bin that would let you recover deleted content. I'll be sure to let you know if it gets added to Rise. 

Hi Cindee!

Super easy - you'll use the three dots at the top right of a Rise card to see the menu which includes "Duplicate" you'll see a quick Peek of that here.  

We also have a new feature to send a copy of your Rise course to another Articulate 360 user. Directions are here. 

Let me know if you need anything else! 

gale hallaran

Hi. I have just accidentally deleted an entire block. I can see that this has been a problem for other users over the last 9 months and that you are already aware that users need to be able to retrieve work accidentally deleted in this manner. Have you made any progress with this? Is there now a way I can retrieve lost work? You mention a recycle bin. Is this now in place? 

Crystal Horn

Hi Gale.  Ouch- I know that is no fun to accidentally lose work.

When you deleted your block, the option to "Undo" should have appeared in the lower left:

Clicking Undo will restore your deleted block (or lesson if you're on the main page of your course).  Rise also will ask you to confirm that you want to delete a course before removing it to ensure you don't accidentally delete important content. 

We are tracking customer demand for a recycle bin option, so I'm including your thoughts for our team.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.