Rise roadmap

Feb 02, 2017

Is there anywhere to view what's currently on the 'roadmap' of things to be added to Rise, including when it's expected (even if it's a vague 'sometime')?

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Michelle!

I wanted to pop in and share a new feature we've added to Rise! You can now customize the default text labels. This gives you the ability to make built-in course elements, such as buttons and lesson headers, say what you want them to say.

Brian has started a great discussion here if you'd like to check it out and you can find our support documentation here.

As always, we keep our Rise Version History up to date too.

Alex Arathoon

Was also looking a roadmap re. Rise. Was looking for info on updates. I love Rise but know there's more work to do e.g. 

• Stored styles e.g. for headers (colours/font size) so headers/text can have their own styles set. You'd select the style from a drop-down list.
  • A navigation panel to see all the blocks laid out at once to get a quick overview and move/delete/duplicate.
  • Buttons jump to a section in a lesson and return to where you left off
  • More interactions like dials and sliders, layers*

Rise is very reminiscent of Wordpress using a WYSIWYG theme like DIVI. 

I love how Rise uses a webpage methodology where content is revealed by scrolling down. This is what people are used to now. Slides used in Storyline are so old school. It presents limits on text per slide.

*Of course, Storyline excels in animation and interaction so allowing Storyline files to be imported is a real advantage.

On a greater scale, I see all websites using Rise type tools to rapidly build content and provide learning opportunities. All websites (except ones for entertainment), present knowledge or skills information that could be structured to assist with transfer.

Crystal Horn

Hi Alex! Thanks for sharing your needs. We've got course themes and authoring shortcuts on our radar, but I don't have a timeline on when those features would be developed.

You hit the nail on the head with Storyline blocks! To include additional interactions like dials and sliders, adding Storyline blocks to your lesson is a great idea.

I'll tag this conversation to be updated if we make changes that will help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.