Rise - The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or the format is not supported

Oct 23, 2019

Hello

I have a user who purchased a course from us experiencing an error "The media could not be loaded, either because the server or network failed or the format is not supported" when attempting to play a video in one of our courses.  She is using chrome Version 77.0.3865.120 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a laptop.  The course is being viewed from our LMS Docebo.  I have tested on this version, an older version, and an even newer version of chrome and can not reproduce the problem.

I have attached the course export settings (scorm 2004 3rd edition)

What can I suggest to this user to fix the problem?  A timely solution would be appreciated as they are a paying customer.

Thanks!

34 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sean. Is this happening with one video in particular? Can you make any changes to the video, either changing the file name or re-exporting as .mp4 it from a video editing tool? If so, replace the video in the course, export your course again, and load that new version into your LMS.

If that doesn't work, let us know by clicking here. You can securely share your video file with us, and we'll delete it when we're done troubleshooting.

Sean G

Hi Chris

I did open a support ticket with you. The conclusion was it's not known what the issue is. The video was not the issue, because I deleted the videos in Rise then uploaded the exact same video and the problem was fixed after exporting the updated Rise course to our LMS. So the issue is either the LMS or Rise. We updated all of our Rise's like this so no longer have any that do not work and so can't try SCORM CLOUD option.