Rise Translation

Aug 23, 2017

Hello,

I know Rise translation was slated for Q3. Any idea if that's still on target? If not, is there any way to use an HTML editor rather than copying and pasting everything? It doesn't look that way; it appears as though the actual text is hidden in the output code somewhere. We were hoping maybe we could provide the extracted zip files to our translation company and if they had an HTML editor, they could just translate the text and we'd zip it back up. It doesn't look like that's an option though. Any updates or advise is appreciated! Thank you!

Molly

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Molly, and thanks for checking in.  We have a lot of good stuff coming out by the end of this third quarter, but translation will not make the list this time.  It is a planned feature, but I can't commit to a timeline on it just yet.  I know you'll need that as soon as possible, so I'll be sure to keep you posted on any news!

I'll defer to the rest of our community to give you some advice on how they're handling translating content presently.

Leslie McKerchie

Great news Molly!

We released a new feature in Rise today:

New: You can now localize a Rise course into other languages. Export text to an XLIFF file, translate it, then import it back into Rise with formatting intact.

Because Rise is a web app, new features and fixes are immediately available, though you might need to export a Rise course again to update existing published output with a new feature or bug fix.

Kelly shared an announcement you can check out here and our Rise Version history can always be found right here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.