Rise (Trial) and completion status.

Jan 31, 2017

Hey there,

Just jumped into a 30 day trial of Articulate 360 to check out Rise and how well it inserts itself into Totara. Everything seems to be great except for the fact that I can't seem to get the completion state (or passing grade from the quiz) to be recognised by Totara.

I've done everything I would usually do with a Storyline 2 module, but it doesn't seem to be picking up on my test learner's progress.

Is this a limitation of the trial version, or am I missing something? Happy to provide images as necessary.

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Reagan, 

Sorry to hear that things aren't working as you'd expect based on your experience with Storyline and Totara as the LMS. The trial version is a full version so you should be able to export for LMS and upload to your LMS site normally. Have you also tested it out by uploading it to a site such as SCORM Cloud which is an industry standard for LMS Testing? You can read through the article here for some testing steps and if you see the same behavior there we'll want to take a look at the Rise export in question. You can upload it here using the "Add Attachment" button or send it along to our Support Engineers here. 

Reagan Morris

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for putting me onto SCORM Cloud and for the prompt response. Everything seems to be getting picked up correctly through there so it must be something with our version of Totara, or a setting I'm missing. I'll get in touch with our LMS admin and see if they're able to walk me through what I might be missing.

Reagan Morris

Okay, so it looks like we found a solution.

In Totara's SCORM options for completion, there is a Passed and Completed option (as seen in the attached image). Usually in Storyline (or Captivate) we've used "Passed" for if you're basing completion on a quiz, or "Completed" for if you are basing it on something else.

It turns out, after fairly extensive testing, the "Completed" option wasn't required (and didn't work) for any of our testing, selecting "Passed" for any and all situations was our silver bullet.

If you want to base it on the results of a quiz, then select "Student must receive a grade to complete this activity".

If you want to base it on completion then keep "Student must receive a grade to complete this activity" unticked.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.