Rise Universal Owner or Universal Publishing Rights

Sep 18, 2018

Hi All,

Our team of designers currently use teams and the collaborator function to build out various courses together. However, since only the owner can publish the files we run into issues if someone is out of the office or tied up in meetings etc. 

What best practices do people have around this? Do people use an extra license as a universal login publisher that anyone can access? Do you just coordinate schedules and pass the 'owner' baton around?

We haven't found a good workaround and was curious what people think. 

6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Great questions, Sean–I'd love to lend a hand!

While Articulate 360 Teams subscribers can easily collaborate on Rise courses, as you mentioned: only the course owner can publish the course at this time. Here’s how each feature works with collaborators, and I've tagged this discussion to be updated as soon as there any new developments on such a feature!

For now, some possibilities can be to either transfer a course to a different owner or send a copy of a course to other authors (keep in mind that any changes made in the copy won't appear in the other authors' versions, and vice versa.).

..and if the course owner falls off the earth tomorrow, our Support Engineers have a few strategies to help you and your team get access to that content. Just reach out with that private information via http://articulatecase.com/ and we'll dive in!

Appreciate your insight, and here's to not falling off the earth. We're here if you need anything else! ☺️

Jane Cooke

Hi, Crystal & Katie...I don't find any new information on how a collaborator can publish a new version of a course.  I was made a collaborator on a course we need to launch day after tomorrow.  I had to make changes to it and now need to republish it to our LMS.  The owner is out of the office and unreachable.  Is there any way I can do this?